What Is Positive Psychology & How Will We Use It?
In a series of four webinars, we are going to use positive psychology - the science of optimal human functioning - to explore how we can always thrive, even at times of uncertainty, great challenge and adversity. We will embark upon a journey which raises questions, provides research, and offers practical tools to boost wellbeing, performance and resilience.
What Benefits Can This Offer & What Is The Process?
We will use positive psychology to raise self-awareness, with a focus on one's strengths, talents, values and passions. We will boost emotional agility and psychological flexibility, promoting personal development through an understanding and mastery of thoughts, emotions and behaviour. We will explore practical ideas that can enhance wellbeing, through the central framework of positive psychology - PERMA. We will unpack the science of boosting positive emotions, engagement, relationships, meaning and accomplishment.
How Will We Structure This Series?
These four webinars will be based around questions fundamental to a meaningful life, in which a person can fulfil their potential, overcome adversity through resilience and experience high levels of wellbeing.
Session 1: Who am I at my best?
This will address the theory and practical tools/ ideas so that we will be able to:
1. Leverage the power of self- awareness.
2. Understand the negativity bias of the brain and how this influences us.
3. Explore the 24 universal character strengths (as individuals and teams) and how they can counter the negativity bias through strengths.
4. Enhance their strengths use for optimal levels of wellbeing and achievement
5. Recognise when they are over/ under-using their strengths to the point of detriment.
6. Identify their core values and see how they drive behaviour.
7. Create positive habits that are infused with strengths and support values.