1. NEVER give a concession for free. You MUST always get a valuable concession in return. e.g. 'If you were to consider payment up front I could consider speeding up the installation process which would result in additional costs for us'.
2. VALUE your concessions as BENEFITS to the other party. e, g. ' Payment upfront would therefore mean quicker access to our system which would mean boosting your sales by 20% immediately.'
3. Make a PROPOSAL So I propose that we sign an agreement today, that you pay us tomorrow and that we install our system the day after that.
4. THIRD PARTY SELL Organisations which have done this have experienced an immediate 20% increase in sales which in your case would mean £100,000.
5. AGREE the DEAL Can we agree this proposal?
Finally, if the other party suggests you meet them half-way reply that you cannot afford to and the best you can do is what you have proposed. Try these tips and immediately improve your negotiation results!
Online PublicationProfile Feed