When selling your solutions to others’ problems use a consultative, joint, problem solving approach as follows:
1. Ask them to describe their current situation. What are the challenges, problems and difficulties they face? What are the consequences?
2. Ask them to describe a future preferred situation. What would it look like? What would be the benefits?
3. Ask them to identify the key issues to be addressed to move from the current to the future preferred situation.
4. Take each key issue in turn and ask what the person can do to address each key issue themselves. Ask them what other help is available to them? Ask them what help they think you could provide in addition.
5. For each key issue jointly create a plan to address it. Where the person lacks information to fully address an issue add your insights, knowledge and advice, and share your experience of using these with other people in a similar situation. Get them excited about how you can add value to the solution they are considering.
6. Agree what you will both do to prepare for another meeting to create a detailed plan.
7. Meet again. Create the plan.
8. Implement the plan together.
Online PublicationProfile Feed